1. Mix the batter gently.
2. Heat an appam kadai and grease it lightly with oil.
3. Pour a ladleful of the batter into it and slowly rotate the kadai in a circular motion, so that a thin layer forms on the side while the middle remains thick.
4. Cover and cook for a minute, remove the appam when middle fluffy part is cooked.
5. Repeat for the remaining batter to make more appams.
6. Serve with Madurai Foods coconut chutney, Madurai Foods tomato chutney, coconut milk or vegetable korma.
Optional: For authentic taste of appam, add 1 spoon of sugar for one container of batter(30 fl oz).