- This type of rice has more iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorous and zinc compared to other colored grains. It has a nutty flavor.
- It also lowers heart risks and obesity related problems.
- Consuming this rice helps in lowering the cholesterol level in your body. It is high in fiber which helps in easy digestion. Excessive cholesterol in the body may block the blood circulation which eventually leads to heart attack.
- It is wonderful cure for Women’s hormonal problems. It enhances stamina and boosts the immune system
- It is highly recommended for pregnant women and lactating mothers, as it provides strength to the body. It is normally given to them in the form of Kanji (Porridge) Vitamin B1 is abundantly present in this type of rice which helps in preventing stomach problems and ulcers.
- Consume this type of rice on a regular basis, baby will be healthy when born.
- It increases hemoglobin in the blood
- When consumed as Pazhaya Soru/Neeragaram (locally termed as Ice Briyani), we would get enough nutrients and vitamin B complex.
- It provides strength to the body and controls/prevents from paralysis
- It helps the people who are suffering from celiac disease to completely recover from it. Since rice is gluten free, it is highly recommended for these types of hereditary problems.
Please soak this rice for at least 12 hours before cooking. If it is cooked in pressure cooker, then leave for 6 to 8 whistles. Please make sure that the cooker has enough water. Soaking water should be pure water and not salty water.